‘A Messy Mortal is my friend. Come walk with me in the mud.”- Hugh Prather
Hey, you all hardworking parents, Kudos to you on the front of parenting.
Now, when you have read the above-mentioned quote by Hugh Prather, how many of you ask your kids to do the same or you are one of those parents who say a strict no to mud-play?
Well! If you are from the latter category, I request you to take a deep breathe and let your child play in the mud, let it get dirty, as “The mud will wash off, but the memories will last a lifetime”(A quote from Jane.com).
Remember your childhood days, didn’t you play in the mud?
My favorite memory is when me and my friends used to make mud- houses.
Now, you might be wondering while the world is concerned about pollution why am I getting defensive about dirt.
Actually, a few days back I got to meet a few kids who were making a mud-farm, and they were excited about the same, they even painted a few leaves to plant in their farm.
Friends, I can’t express how happy they were while doing the same. I managed to click a picture and they posed with cheerful smiles. That was a happy day.
I personally feel that the world is a muddy puddle, and we should keep jumping into it.
And you know what mud-play doesn’t only gives happiness but is good for health.
- According to a report published on August 3, 2016 by New York Times – Scientists may have found an ingredient to prevent asthma in children which is my friend microbes from farm animals, carried into the home of dust. There could be a possibility of developing a spray for the same.
- A research says that playing in mud improves your child’s immunity. I can personally claim that as once when my nephew fell sick and a pediatrician advised him to let him play in the mud to boast his immunity.
- Mud is amazing, how it can conjure up such polarizing feelings, how this simple substance can make us feel disgusted and revolted at the same time so joyous, inspired and alive. Amazing! ( Words taken from http://www.natureplayqld.org.au/article/why-playing-in-the-mud-is-more-than-just-fun).
- It makes your kid creative, as I mentioned above about kids who were making a mud-farm, and they were excited about the same, they even painted a few leaves to plant in their farm.
- Mud-play is a sensory play. It helps in developing early motor-skills in kids.
What else you can ask for, so next time when you witness your little one playing in the mud, please don’t stop them, take a step and join them to help them build their dream- house.
This post is part of