Hello Parents! Hope you all are doing good in your respective lives!
Tell me one thing if you are asked ‘ What was hardest phase of your child’s initial growth ‘?
You might say ‘Teething‘.
What is Teething– Teething is that process by which an Infant’s or new born’s first teeth commonly known as “ Milk Teeth” starts emerging through the gums.
This is what google has to say on Teething.
Well, as per my experience, teething is no less than a daily soap or a soap opera, drama, tears, joy all involved.
See this image from www.howtobeadad.com, this is hilarious and will scare you at the same time, just kidding!, have a look-
When can you expect to see those White Pearls– Around the age of 06-10 months. While some babies are early teethers. As in my case my baby started teething at the age of 4 months. Trust me! it was the toughest phase till now. Hope you understand!
What might interest you– In the rarest of cases, some babies are born with teeth, which are called ‘Natal Teeth‘.
Teething is Natural– Teething is as natural as breathing. So, please avoid giving any medicine to your kid to relive the pain unless and until your pediatrician says so.
Order of Teething– I hope this image solves this query, this was the most generic image I could find on Order of Teething.
Look onto Symptoms–
- Disturbed Sleep
- Loss of Appetite
- Excessive Drooling
- Putting everything in mouth
Is there any connection between Diarrhea and Teething –
- Doctors’ Belief- Doctors don’t connect diarrhea with teething.
- Experienced People or Dadi– Nani‘s Belief- Well, our elder do connect Diarrhea with teething.
- Truth- Parents are still looking for the truth, some say they are interconnected while some don’t.
- My Tip- As mentioned above, loss of appetite is one if the symptoms of teething, it may cause diarrhea if your child is not eating properly; also water intake has to be checked if your baby is 6 months or older. Give them all the required nutrients, breastfeed as required. Consult your pediatrician asap.
What Teething Parents can do–
- Brushing- As soon as you see a pearl (first teeth), start brushing your baby’s teeth, you can start with a finger brush and please be gentle with baby’s gums.
- Teethers- Teethers might lessen the pain for sometime.
- Increase water in-take if the baby is 6 months or above. Know more about water in-take here.
- You may massage sore gums with cold and clean hands or wet cotton cloth. Be careful while using cotton cloth.
- Give them proper calcium in take.
- Use fluoride contained baby toothpaste.
- Childproof your home, as your baby will try to put everything in mouth.
This is all I could say, do share your opinion in the comment box. You too can share your experience with us by signing up and write, you can also send your write-up, pictures, videos at [email protected], join our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Childcarestar-292023691721086/?modal=admin_todo_tour, you can also send your content in the messenger .