Monsoon is the season of mosquitoes and we all hate them. They bite, irritate, and get you into the itching business, ha ha ha, jokes apart, they are the reason for deadly diseases like Malaria, Dengue, Chikungunya.
So, let’s keep them away with these tips and save our respective lives from these diseases:-
- Keep a check on the stagnant water at your place– Make sure that there is no stagnant water either in bathrooms, kitchen or living area. If you have kids at home, please keep the glasses empty every time they drink water, if some water is left, throw it away at once. Remember! Dengue’s mosquito thrives in clean water. Keep your coolers clean, always have a water management system of Air Conditioner’s wastewater and keep sinks clean.
- Keep your surroundings Clean– There should not be any uneaten food that is kept open. Keep the dustbins covered with proper lids, make your kids understand the value of cleanliness. If they are too young to understand, set an example, keep it clean so that they learn by watching you. Remember! Kids are the copy cats. They just love to imitate.
- Keep the doors closed– Keep the doors closed whenever possible especially bathroom and toilet doors. Close the net doors closed, so that air gets into your home but without the company of mosquitoes.
4. Dress for the Occasion– The word occasion might sound absurd here, but occasion here means Monsoon, wear full-sleeved cotton clothes especially when you go out and in the evenings. At least make your kids follow this.
5. Use Mosquito Repellents- Keep Natural Mosquito repellents at handy. For that matter, you may consider planting Citronella, which irritates mosquitoes the most. Read about its benefits here. Buy it here.
One might not necessarily plant a sapling just to keep mosquitoes away, in that case, you may consider buying mosquito nets, and there various options available in the market, like mosquito repellent patches, Natural Gels, Lotions, and sprays.
If you want to know what I found out about the old and trusted brand Odomass in the category of Mosquito repellents, read my review on Odomass Naturals here.
I hope these tips might help you in some way, please give your feedback in the comment section. Stay healthy! Enjoy the lovely season called Monsoon! May your kids stay healthy! Childcarestar here wishes you a happy and blissful parenting journey!